Playfulness and the Pitta dosha
Frolicsomeness, gaiety, jest, merry making, and waggishness are some synonyms for playfulness.
Pitta peeps are SO GOOD at getting it done. When spending more time with their fire than their water, their sharp pointed focus bores a hole into the object until it weeps from the heat "ouch it hurts, have it your way!" And they do, they do get what they want usually but it may be at the cost of frying themselves like crispy (vegetarian) bacon to do it.
Ever met a Pitta person at the height of their Pitta-ness and tried to tell them a joke? Unless that joke is highly intelligent political satire or involves referencing obscure cult like authors they may chew and spit you out like the sun dried tomato hor d'oeuvres that was so 1993.
The doshas have a compassionate friend. Vata has space to move around in so it feels FREE!, Kapha has water to soften it's hardness so it may eventually move from inertia and start to flow and our dear friend Pitta has water to cool it down so that it may get along with humanity and see another side of an argument or war or divorce court.
Surrender and playfulness. It's the water elements that takes the sharp arrow message and puts a fluffy pillow on the end so that the receiver can take it in. And we are made full of water on purpose - to flow in life, to connect with others, to float through trauma. So thank God for comedy, the best remedy for Pitta hot head-ness, or we might just take ourselves waaaay too seriously. And Pitta people can have such interesting, penetrating insights. So use your powers for good now and then and make us chuckle.
- Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical. - Yogi Berra
- When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.- Bob Monkhouse
- The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. - Mark Russell
- I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness. - Emo Phillips
- The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets. - Al McGuire
- Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Dave Barry
Go on, tell me a joke/clever wordplay/favourite quote and sweeten your day.