Invigoration and the Kapha dosha
Philosophy on inertia is lost on the inert. We learn in Ayurveda that to move from inertia to a state of clarity/balance one must move it, move it. Jiggle, dance, cartwheel, skip, raise your arms in the air and say YEAH.
Since Kapha dosha's home site is in the stomach and the Kapha dosha likes to sit at home and do nothing when it's out of balance, we must sneak into their house when they least expect it (never) and throw them a surprise party.
We will organise the party like this I reckon-
- Really loud fun upbeat music to dance to like this
- Give them a lot of hugs because a) they love love and to be loved and b) it makes them open their arms and therefore open the chest where a lot of the heaviness can reside
- Have the party last all night (Vata and PItta can take secret cat naps if they can't last) but the extra energy spent will lighten the Kapha dosha up and it will invigorate them
- Have a game where you have to use the mind like a 'race around the block (world)' idea where one clue leads to another.
- Get the Kapha lover to make breakfast in the morning because they love to nourish and serve others.
Have you ever got yourself or a Kapha buddy out of the doldrums? Can you share an idea?